Welcome to Abbot’s Lea School
Abbot’s Lea School is an outstanding special school that provides the highest quality of education for nearly 300 students aged 3-19 living with Autism and a range of associated communication, interaction, social, imagination, sensory and learning differences.
Despite all of the uncertainty around us, one thing is 100% constant and that is my own and my team’s commitment to Abbot’s Lea School community.
I feel honoured to be our school’s Headteacher and, together with an outstanding team of staff, we work tirelessly to ensure the best education and care is on offer at our school.
This year, our school is organised as follows:
- Early Years and Key Stage One (EY/KS1)
- Key Stage Two (KS2)
- Key Stage Three (KS3)
- Key Stage Four (KS4)
- Key Stage Five (KS5)
Due to Covid-19, the school site is split the school into six geographical parts, called Zones. Within each Zone, we house all of our 24 classrooms and all of the offices, staff rooms and meeting rooms, which we call Bubbles:
- Zone 1 – The House (each office/room/area is a self-contained bubble)
- Zone 2 – Christmas Island and Malawi (2 bubbles)
- Zone 3 – Spain, Italy, Wales, Ireland, Portugal, France (6 bubbles)
- Zone 4 – Canada, USA, Brazil, Peru (4 bubbles)
- Zone 5 – Mozambique, Botswana, Madagascar, Kenya, Seychelles, Cape Verde (6 bubbles)
- Zone 6 – Tasmania, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji (6 bubbles)
I have always practised an ‘open door’ policy and so I really encourage you to take advantage of this – please contact me whenever issues arise – and whilst I have had to put a temporary stop to my open invitation for you to just come in to say ‘hello’, I continue to welcome direct communication.
I also warmly encourage you to find our more about our school’s daily updates by following us on Twitter and Facebook: @AbbotsLeaSchool.
Our vision is to become an International Centre of Excellence in Autism Education, Research and Development, where every student and member of staff can be the best that they can be – we hope you join us on our journey!
Mrs A Hildrey, B.Ed(Hons), M.Ed. NPQH, FCCT